Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first genuine wormwood made up of Absinthe to be legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 most people are
desirous to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was created by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. In contrast to other fake Absinthes, which were designed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) along with other traditional Absinthe herbs. More information is found at drinklucid.com but here are a few facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
– It receives its green color from whole herbs rather than artificial colors.
– It has wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
– It was manufactured by Ted Breaux, a prominent Absinthe distiller, who used his understanding of traditional Absinthe making methods to make this historically accurate vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
– Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood just like pre ban Absinthes. It had been a myth that Absinthe included vast amounts of thujone – tests on vintage bottles indicated that they’d all pass US regulations (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
– Lucid is made up of 62% alcohol by volume.
– It is actually distilled in Saumur in France.
– Lucid includes a very exclusive black bottle with green cat’s eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show “Le Chat Noir” from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In line with the Lucid website it can be bought over the United States this means you should be able to purchase it from your local liquor store. You could look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists such as Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and also for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The website also has a web shop where one can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn’t the only Absinthe to have been legalized in the US – a brand called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Another great method of enjoying Absinthe in the USA should be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free world wide shipping. There exists a handling fee for the initial item but handling and shipping is free of charge for extra products ordered.
The essences via AbsintheKit.com are created from an alcohol base which happens to be distilled with top-quality herbs just like wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are incredibly economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits make 14 bottles of Absinthe therefore they are a good buy. Just mix 20ml of essence along with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you have your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe may be known.
Essences are a great substitute to hunting for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are also fun to utilize too.