There is much interest in Absinthe, the drink referred to as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte. People would like to know how to buy it, what kind to get, how to prepare it and what’s the recommended amount of Absinthe to make use of when preparing a drink.
Initially you need to buy a quality Absinthe that’s abundant in essential oils and that contains wormwood. There are many Absinthe substitutes and fake Absinthes absinthekit.com for sale which contain southernwood or roman wormwood rather than common wormwood (artemisia absinthium). Be sure you obtain a proper real Absinthe. If you reside in a country where it is difficult to get a good quality Absinthe then you may make your own Absinthe using essences coming from AbsintheKit.com.
When you have got your Absinthe, you will have to learn The Ritual, or La Louche. This is actually the standard French or Swiss way of preparing Absinthe and it uses one shot of Absinthe. Here are the instructions:-
– Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe into the glass.
– Rest the Absinthe spoon above the rim of the glass and place a cube of sugar onto it.
– Carefully drip iced water above the sugar either by dripping from the tap of the fountain or by using a secure hand to pour from a carafe. Dripping it gradually can give the sugar chance to dissolve and drip through the slots of the spoon. You ought to view a lovely “louche” effect as the water mixes to the alcohol. The Absinthe louches as the essential oils of the herbs are soluble in alcohol however, not in water and so have the mixture cloudy or milky when water is included.
– Sit by and enjoy your Absinthe drink.
The Bohemian or Czech Method is very similar to the Ritual but is a modern method of preparing cheap Czech Absinthes. The Bohemian strategy is scorned by many Absinthe followers.
Instructions and strategies for using the Bohemian method:-
– Pour 25-50ml of Absinthe into the glass and dip the sugar cube into it to soak the sugar.
– Place sugar cube to the Absinthe spoon and rest within the rim of the glass.
– Set the sugar cube alight for just one minute to allow the sugar to caramelize and melt. The sugar need to drip through the slots of the spoon and to the Absinthe.
– Place the spoon in to the Absinthe and pour the cold water in the Absinthe to put out any flames and to cause the Absinthe to louche.
– Delight in your Absinthe drink.
Should you wish to enjoy your Absinthe properly the you will need some Absinthiana – Absinthe glasses, spoons and maybe even an Absinthe fountain to regulate the flow of the water. Replicas of antique spoons and glasses can be purchased from AbsintheKit.com.
So, what is the recommended amount of Absinthe to make use of while preparing an Absinthe drink? About 45ml or a US shot. Obviously, you can utilize Absinthe in cocktails too – look for recipes online.